Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Grandma Zikuda china

When I visited Aunt Pat in 2004 she brought out this serving dish. It had belonged to Grandma Zikuda. Aunt Pat said that after Grandma's streetcar accident, she was given a settlement. She used that money to buy household items, including a set of china that included this dish. Neat - huh? She also bought some furniture which included the table and rocker I have, and a wood-frame loveseat Aunt Pat has in her bedroom.





Here's Steve and Aunt Pat in one of the casinos in Deadwood. For about three years we had lunch at this same casino. But this last year we found they filled up the lunchroom area with slotmachines. Not a big surprise. They had a nice little buffet in the basement where we ended up eating.

I found the rest of the photos from the 2004 visit. See them here.

No comments: